I have also updated my full list of surnames. This list shows both direct line surnames and collateral lines, organised alphabetically and including spelling variants.
Have now added generations 9 to 12 to the ancestor list on My Family.
- Generation 9: 14 and 2 halves added
- Generation 10: 12 people added
- Generation 11: 6 people added
- Generation 12: 1 person added
Pleased with my progress, but have to admit I still have a few folks to find :)
My list of direct ancestors under My Family was lagging a little behind my research. I have added 34 new people to the list tonight, plus a few “halves” where I only know a grandmother’s first name or have recently discovered her last name. This update just includes names so far. I will add in the dates later. I have now completed up to generation 8, which is 5th great grandparents. Will hopefully get on to the next few generations later this evening. The list is in Ahnentafel format where the ancestor’s position in the tree is numerically defined.
Just added a new menu section, DNA plus paper, to the blog so that I can start to document my experiences with DNA testing. I am now beginning to see the benefits of having invested in a test and have a couple of cases where analysing matches has given me additional assurance that my paper trail research is correct. Very helpful in one case where I was not 100% certain that I was following the right line. I will be adding individual posts about these success stories.
Latest additions to the brief profiles for my end of line ancestors:
- William Watson – 4th great grandfather, born about 1792 at Ryle, Northumberland
- Joseph Hutchinson – 5th great grandfather, probably born before 1773, maybe near Felton, Northumberland
- Thomas Brown – 6th great grandfather, probably born before 1747, maybe near Felton, Northumberland
- Margaret Brewhouse – 6th great grandmother, probably born before 1747, maybe near Shilbottle, Northumberland
More details of their marriages and children and any relevant census information can be found on my end of line ancestors page.
Added brief profiles for the following end of line ancestors:
- Thomas Thornton – 5th great – probably born before 1750, possibly Hartburn
- Jane Nichol – 4th great – probably born before 1771
- Hannah Hunter – 5th great – born about 1740, maybe Elsdon
- William Thompson – 5th great – born about 1738, maybe Elsdon
- Isabel Hedley – 5th great – probably born before 1748, maybe Elsdon
- Andrew Oliver – 5th great (tentative) – probably born before 1759, maybe Hartburn
- Alice Carr – 4th great – probably born before 1791, maybe Wallsend area
Added brief profiles to the following end of line ancestors:
- Archibald Henderson – 4th great – may have been baptized in Ovingham in 1790
- Jane Turnbull – 4th great – probably born before 1792
- Thomas Newton – 6th great – probably born before 1719, maybe Felton
- Lancelot Wilson – 7th great – probably born before 1687, maybe Shilbottle
- Mary Wilson – 7th great – probably born before 1687, maybe Shilbottle
- William Johnson – 6th great – probably born before 1726, maybe Shilbottle
- John Stavers – 5th great – probably born before 1762, maybe Woodhorn, maybe Simonburn
- Dorothy Charlton – 5th great – probably born before 1762, maybe Woodhorn, maybe Simonburn
- Ann Laidler – 4th great – probably born before 1792, maybe Rothbury
- Margaret Young – 3rd great – born about 1812 at Morpeth Banks. Parents may be Thomas Young and Margaret Storey. Working to confirm this theory.