As usual with tree pruning it is easy to get sidetracked. Although I was planning to tackle marriages first, I found it easier to jump into tidying up death records. Of course, any death record requires further analysis and so losing focus is par for the course.
However, despite the loss of focus, it has been a worthwhile effort:
- 10 new people added to the tree
- Current person count reduced by 5 where I have found enough information to comfortably merge duplicates
- Found death records for 15 people who were showing as living
- 69 citations added to confirm that I am on the right track
- 5 new sources added
- Amendments to 36 individuals
- 6 people who do not belong have been deleted
Not bad for a weekend’s effort, but still a long way to go with the pruning.