My Welsh cousin is looking for her Northumbrian Ormston ancestors but not having much luck.Looking at the census I see it is a more common surname than I initially thought. We have had a couple of days at Woodhorn and found some. Based on the information gathered so far we then tried several churchyards but had no success. No Ormston headstones at Lowick St. John, Kyloe St. Nicholas, Norham St. Cuthbert, St. Mary Belford, Beadnell St. Ebba, Bamburgh St. Aidan or North Sunderland.
If you are researching Ormston from Northumberland drop me a comment and I can put you in touch with my cousin.
Since it is the end of the month I have updated the starring system on my surname list that indicates the newest names. Have to confess that this has not been an inspiring month from the viewpoint of tending the tree. Too many other commitments as the summer approaches so I have not added a single new surname to the list in June. I have found more relatives with already known surnames though, so I have not been completely idle. Any new surnames that I find in July will be flagged with two stars until the next month end.
Since it is the end of the month I have updated the starring system on my surname list that indicates the newest names. Stars have been removed from the names added in April. A single star now highlights names added in May. All new names that I add in June will have double stars until the next month end. Here is a summary of the names that were new to my genealogy database in May:
Pedigree: Hedley Other: Cunningham, Garland, Unwin
At the beginning of my I set myself some targets. Looking back on my achievements this month I will have to admit that I have done very little of what I had planned. I have made reasonable progress with tying in more Cracket/Crackett lines but am not finished processing everything I have on scraps of paper. I have also bashed away more at the Webb brick wall, but it hasn’t crumbled yet. By letting myself get sidetracked from the plan I have actually been successful on other fronts. I have gathered a lot of interesting information with respect to my great uncle Edmund Webb’s service in WW1. I have found a number of interesting newspaper articles on several subjects. I have obtained restored versions of a couple of important photographs and I have begun to write a series of alphabet articles. Generally a successful month even though the activities diversified from the plan.
Since it is the last day of the month I have updated the starring system on my surname list that indicates the newest names. Stars have been removed from the names added in March. A single star now highlights names added in April. All new names that I add in May will have double stars until the month end. Here is a summary of the names that were new to my genealogy database in April:
Pedigree: Hunter, Other: Air, Burke, Clark, Garland, Lochead, Luckhurst, Marsh, Morgan, Morris, Tiller, Tomlin, Wood, Zulfi
Reconciled my surname list against my tree this evening and made some updates. Getting close to the 400 mark now with nearly 40 in the direct line.
I have now added more names to my ancestor chart on My Family page and included birth and death dates. Quite pleased to see that up to generation 5 I am only missing 1 name. Great great granny Webb is playing hard to get, but her son my great granda Robert Webb is to blame. Either he could not count or he told big fibs as his date of birth varies on every official document. Until I find his birth record I have no idea who she was. Have identified 17.5 people in generation 6. For generation 7 I have 14 and 2 halves. Generation 8 is up to 10 people and I even have a couple in generation 9.
I have updated my surname list to reflect the current status of my research database. Pedigree names are capitalized.